1) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? I would be a very successful screenwriter who, in between scripts, gets to sample and name new polish collections from Essie, OPI, ZOYA and China Glaze. Not only do I get these polishes for free, but I actually get PAID for all of the creative hard work I put into the process. Seems legit.
2) Do you have a Bucket List and, if so, what are some things on it? My bucket list is so lame compared to others. I don’t want to skydive or hike a volcano or anything. Something that I’ve recently crossed off was “Walking in a parade”. Lame, right? Whatever, I wanted to do it! (And walked with The Husband and his students in a 4th of July town parade.) Other items still to-do on my list include being shot at with a confetti cannon and seeing a “fin” in its natural habitat. (A little elaboration – we went on a cruise for our honeymoon and also went to Aruba last fall. I thought it would be awesome if we saw a dolphin, some whales or sharks, just swimming along, minding their own business. The more I DIDN’T see any of these animals, the more obsessed I became with it happening. The key to this is that I want it to happen naturally. I don’t want to go on a whale watch in order to see these. I just want to be lounging on a beach, minding my own business, when a pod of dolphins goes swimming buy, jumping up and doing tricks for us humans, who then stand up, clapping and cheering them on. The Husband tries to tell me that he doesn’t think wild dolphins will just perform like that, but I’m sure he’s wrong.)
3) How did you meet your spouse? Jason and I were both pre-k teachers at the same place. I remember meeting him, being attracted to him and then immediately being annoyed that all the women there fawned over him (he was the only guy). I always say that the only reason Jason wanted to date me was BECAUSE I didn’t flirt with him like everyone else, and he didn’t understand why. (Jason needs everyone to love him. Sorry buddy, but you know it’s true.) He finally broke me down, though. Our classrooms connected with a window. One morning, while conducting circle time with a seal animal puppet on his hand, he saw me through the window. “Good morning, Miss Heather. You look very pretty today, Miss Heather! I like you, Miss Heather,” Sammy the Seal flirted with me. (My last day of work there, I stole Sammy the Seal. He now proudly sits on a dresser in our bedroom, next to a wedding picture.)
4) Favorite place you’ve travelled to? I was very fortunate to marry into a family that looooves them a good vacation. Over the last few years, I’ve been to Vegas and Orlando. On our honeymoon, we flew to Tampa and went on a cruise, which took us to Mexico, The Cayman Islands, Belize and Honduras. All of these places were amazing in their own right. But I’d say my favorite place to visit was Aruba. It was just amazing. We stayed at the all-inclusive Riu Palace and our room overlooked the gorgeous turquoise waters. The weather was perfect, the sand was soft, the people were friendly. We had a fantastic time.
5) Where did you go to college? I leisurely took a tour of the New York State higher education system. I started off at SUNY Brockport (which, in the grand scheme of my life, was just a blip on my radar but was when I met Al, who was my roomie.) I made my way back home and spent a few semesters at Mohawk Valley. After THAT, I went downstate to Marymount Manhattan. (That also didn’t last long, but was when I met another best friend, Danielle. She’s an amazing nail artist. Go ahead and like her Facebook page.) EVENTUALLY, for truly no reason, I ended up at UAlbany. By moving here, I met my husband. I believe that I ended up in all of these places because these people were all meant to be in my life. (I say that instead of saying that I was wishy-washy and non-committal. It sounds better, amirite?)
6) Favorite snack? All the snacks. All the snacks are my favorite. I spend a good chunk of my afternoon trying to decide what I’ll have for my night time snack. Chips and dip still ranks pretty high for me, probably landing the top spot. I am also very partial to popcorn, cereal and baked goods.
7) If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I’m actually very happy with where we are now. If I could live ANYWHERE, I’d say a gorgeous house in The Hamptons. It would be close enough for me to work in the city, but far enough away where we’d be able to have a large yard for Bumble and future kiddo-s to play in. Plus, it’s The Hamptons.
Now, it’s my turn to nominate a couple of blogs for the award. I’m going to start with Karen Splendido of Splendid Stems. Karen is not only an amazing florist, but she’s also a total sweetheart. And, she needs a swift kick in her butt to keep up on her blogging. Karen – we, the people, want to see more flowers! More posts! More weddings!
My second nominee is Jillian at Cameos and Cardigans. What’s Jillian’s blog about? Pretty things. Girly things. Make-up tips. Hair tutorials. Outfits. Check it out.