To all (7) of my loyal readers –
It is with great honor that I accept the Liebster Blog Award!
“But, Heather, what IS a Liebster Blog Award? Is it something you just made up? It sounds like something you’d make up. How do you win the Liebster Blog award? I bet one of your friends just gave it to you or something,” you say.
Wow. First of all, that was way harsh, Tai. I most certainly didn’t make it up. But, at some point, someone did. Basically, the award is “given” to blogs with less than 200 followers, but a blog that some OTHER blogger reads and says “Why doesn’t this person have more followers?! Maybe if we give them a fake award, it will increase their following, thus resulting in their eventual profit from their musings!” When you receive the award bestowed upon you from another blogger, you are to write 11 random facts about yourself and answer a couple of questions from the blogger who nominated you. Got it?!
… and, you’re right. One of my friends DID give me the award, but I think it’s safe to say that I absolutely deserve it. If you finish reading one of my posts and think to yourself, “This was good, but I just wish there was MORE snarkiness .. AND more cute babies!” then go over and check out my bestest friend, Allee’s blog, Griselda Mood.
Anyways, without any further blabbering (the whole point of this is to blabber, I think) I present you with 11 random facts about me. (I was positive I did a post on this before, but now I can’t find it. But, feel free to go back and read every one of my posts in order to find it. I won’t mind.)
1) I am terribly, unabashedly, irrationally afraid of frogs. THINKING of frogs makes me squirm. Seeing a picture of a frog makes me anxious. Seeing a frog in real life makes me sob out of fear. I’m not positive where this originated. A couple of years ago, Jason decided that it was getting out of hand, and we did research on treatment. We couldn’t find treatment that didn’t involve immersion therapy and heeelllllll no am I doing that. However, we did find a common origin of the fear. People who had an instance of running frogs over with their car often develop a fear of frogs. When I was 16, and just learning to drive, I was on my way to my aunt’s house (with my parents) when we came upon a road covered in leaves. As I got closer, I realized they weren’t leaves, but frogs. No exaggeration, 100+ frogs (she lived near a marsh). I didn’t know what to do and my dad told me just to keep driving. (Thinking about this is making me anxious.) At the time, I don’t remember being scared of frogs, but now, I can’t remember a time when I WASN’T afraid.
2) I love nail polish. I have close to 200 bottles (nearly half of those are Essie). This is a new obsession, developing a couple of years ago when we got engaged. People always wanted to see my ring, and I didn’t want my plain, ol’ nails flashed to everyone.
3) My favorite flowers are tulips and I’d never be excited about receiving a bouquet of roses.
4) I am very confident in my ability to quote nearly the entire script of Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead. (“You are supposed to … go down … to per-so-nnel. That. Is on. The first. Floooor….”)
5) From as early as I can remember, up until about 8 years old, I spent every Friday night sleeping over my (maternal) grandparents’ house. And, every single Friday, much to my Grandma’s dismay, my Grandpa would buy me a can of Frito Lays Jalapeno Cheddar dip and I would eat nearly the entire can by myself.
6) ( continuation from #5) When I was 19, I had to have my gall bladder out. My doctor told me that he never saw someone so young and so full of gall stones. My grandparents had both passed away by then, but my family and I joked that my Grandma was up in heaven saying, “See, Ant?! I TOLD you that she shouldn’t have been eating that!!”
7) My favorite Lifetime movie is the 2005 gem She Fought Alone, starring Tiffani-Amber Thiessen and Brian Austin Green. Tif, the new girl in town, gets raped by a popular athlete. Then, all of their cool girlfriends chop off her hair and shout “slut” at her. Brian USED to be part of the cool clique, but then decides that what his bestie did was wrong, and then him and Tif fall in love and the jock goes to jail and then she leaves for community college while the Blues Travelers plays softly in the background. The end! So good! (Note: I understand that in the wake of everything happening in Steubenville, that this may not be the most sensitive comment. But it IS my favorite Lifetime movie and this IS a list of random facts about me. I’d like to note that I do NOT condone rape.)
8) I usually, accidently, eat an entire box of Peeps in less than ten minutes.
9) I hate “double sound”. What’s double sound, you ask? It’s when two electronic devices are playing at once. Ex – the tv and a youtube video. Ahhh! Makes me crazy.
10) My favorite book is “The Time Traveler’s Wife” by Audrey Niffenegger. Read it. My favorite movie is “Love & Sex” with Famke Janssen and Jon Favreau (Josh Hopkins from Cougar Town also makes an appearance). I’m sure you’ve never heard of it (unless your name is Courtney K!) and that’s a shame because it’s hilarious. So, do yourself a favor and become acquainted.
11) I don’t drink beer. Like, ever. I assure you, this is not some sort of moral stand I am taking against alcohol (because I loooooove me some vodka). I just really dislike the smell and taste of beer. When I was in my early 20s, I was always embarrassed of this. Stupid, right? I just didn’t want people to think I was the uptight girl who was too good for a can of Coors Light and NEEDED a mixed drink instead. But, guess what! I’m a grown-up now, and don’t care what anyone thinks of me and most CERTAINLY will not drink beer just to make things easier on a hostess. Find me some wine (white) or find me some liquor! If you were my real friend, you’d already have a drink for me made.
Because this entry is already incredibly long, I’m going to split my acceptance up into two posts! (I’m sure The Husband would say that is so like me, to drag out something which I’ve deemed incredibly important yet nobody else cares about, as long as possible. He’d be right in saying that.) So, stay tuned and thanks again to my love, Alexandra!